Our services are at your disposal , contact us anytime.
The tourist Office is commited to provide an adapted reception for persons with disabilities. :
- Visitors have several parking spaces reserved for disabled people within 60m.
- The disposition of the Office is designed to make the access to tourism and leisures easier for disabled people.Its displays are equipped with signals and pictograms.
- Guided visit of the town by our guide is adapted for all kinds of disabilities (physical,visual,mental).
The reception point of Embrun has :
- A magnectic loop amplifier.
- A practical guide in big characters (in french).
- A kit for the visually impaired: large-print tourist brochures, braille or audio to discover the murals of the former Cordeliers convent or the Notre-Dame du Réal cathedral. KITS are available free of charge.
- Provision of a reader-recorder
CHOOSE YOUR ACCOMODATION / RESTAURANT
Our office provide informations about accomodation possibilities for disabled people and their family.
It is advisable to contact the departmental committee handisport 05 which will bring you the answers to your questions and in particular about the loan or rental of material for disabled people.
Contact Boris Mallein, Developpement and animation agent for handisport
COMITE DEPARTEMENTAL HANDISPORT 05
Tél.: +33 (0)6 49 09 06 90
Activity providers offer training for people with disabilities to gain autonomy with the equipment, provide training to families or accompany you.
- Club Nautique Alpin Serre-Ponçon (sailing)
- Horizons tout terrain (Mountain bike)
- Jennif'Air (paragliding)
- Rando tous terriens (hiking)
The handisport material
(loan or rental - independently or with service providers)
> In water or in the air : Tiralo (amphibious wheelchair) , Hippocampe (all-terrain wheelchair), transfert seats (pool), Mini-J (little boat adapted for disabled people) and wheelchairs adapted for sport .
> Mountain : Joëlette (hiking wheelchair for disabled people), all-terrain wheelchair, Hand-bike, paragliding wheelchair, sport wheelchairs, sledges, Pulks and so on...
> Public beaches accessible to disabled persons:
- Le plan d'eau d'Embrun (Embrun lake)
- La Piscine municipal d'Embrun (Municipal pool of Embrun = transfert wheelchair)
- La plage de Savines le Lac
- La baie St Michel
- La plage de Port St Pierre
> 8 hiking trails indexed and recommended in Joëlette:
- Embrun: les balcons du Mont Guillaume (forestry trails)
- Embrun: walk under the rock, path of the dike and circuit around the lake
- Crots: le cirque du Morgon
- Crévoux: la balade de la cascade de Razis
- Réallon: la cabane de Chargès
- Chorges: le col de la Gardette
- Le Sauze du Lac: le sentier des Demoiselles Coiffées
- Saint André d'Embrun: le lac de Siguret
Le Comité Départemental Handisport 05
150 boulevard Georges Pompidou - 05000 Gap
Tél.: +33 (0)6 49 09 06 90
"A guide to disabled practices to help a maximum of people with disabilities but also their families and friends to find relevant information when opportunities in the department".
KIT for blind and visually impaired people
The kit is available for free at the Embrun tourist Office (in french).
You can choose thr description in big characters, the braille or audio version in exchange of an ID.
Two kits are at your disposal: Les fresques des Cordeliers and la cathédrale Notre-Dame du Réal.
You can download the guidebooks with big characters here :