The chapels of the Cordeliers couvent

Embrun

Description

Admire the frescoes and the sculptures in the three chapels. All accessible to the public thanks to the booklet available to visitors and to the exhibition retracing the history of the building.

The Tourist Office is installed in the northern chapels of the old church of the Cordeliers convent that was consecrated in 1447. The nave destroyed at the threshold of the 20th century, following a fire that occurred a few years earlier, has been replaced by Place Dosse.

These Gothic chapels have preserved magnificent frescoes from the 15th and 16th centuries by Italian painters - they were rediscovered and restored from 1969 to 1970.

Openning time

  • From 01/01 to 31/05.
    Closed on Sunday.
    Closed exceptionally on January 1st and May 1st.

    From 01/06 to 30/06.
    Closed on Sunday.

    From 01/07 to 31/08, daily.

    From 01/09 to 30/09.
    Closed on Sunday.

    From 01/10 to 31/12.
    Closed on Sunday.
    Closed exceptionally on November 11th and December 25th.

Location