The Picomtal Castle, located between Embrun and Serre-Ponçon Lake, was built by the Embrunais, lords alongside of the Archbishops of Embrun.
The Château de Picomtal lies between Embrun and the Serre-Ponçon Lake and was built by the rulers of Embrun, the lords and archbishops of Embrun. It was redesigned in 1507 by Martin de la Vilette and also underwent interior modifications in the late 16th or early 17th century. The Château de Picomtal is now in private hands. The owners offer tours by appointment, as well as accommodation (six rooms, each different), and themed days (eg. cooking) are organised throughout the year.
Guided tours on Tuesdays and Thursdays in July and August, and by request at other times of the year.
- From 01/04 to 30/11, daily.